Selling unit: per 100ml
- Common name: Monoamine oxidase (MAO) assay kit (colorimetric method)
- English name: Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) Assay Kit (Colorimetry Method)
This kit is used for the in vitro quantitative determination of monoamine oxidase (MAO) in human serum or plasma.
MAO rises significantly in organ fibrosis, especially in hepatic steatosis, and is considered a meaningful indicator for the diagnosis of liver fibrosis.
Benzylamine in the matrix was used to generate ammonia in the presence of blood list amine oxidase (MAO), and the generated ammonia reacted with α-ketoglutarate and coenzyme in the presence of GLDH. The activity of serum MAO was determined by measuring the change in the decrease in absorbance of coenzyme.
R-CH-NH2+ O2 + H2O R-CHO + NH3 + H2O2
2NH3 + α-ketoglutarate + NADH Glutamate + NAD
Reagent components included in the product.
*Components are not interchangeable in kits with different lot numbers.
*Reagent components not included in the product, but necessary for the test: outsourced normal and abnormal QCs and calibrators.
Storage Conditions And Expiration Date
The kit is stored at 2-8°C away from light and is valid for one year.
Reagents that have been opened are careful not to be contaminated, and reagents are stable in the instrument compartment (2-8°C) for one month.
The reagents must not be frozen.
Hitachi 7180/7600; Olympus AU680/2700; Toshiba TBA120; Myriad BS2000M/480; Siemens ADVIA 1800/2400 series automatic biochemical analyzers.
Fresh serum, which should be separated promptly after blood collection,.
- Reagent preparation: liquid reagents are ready to use out of the bottle.
- test conditions: (different parameters on the machine can be requested according to different testing instruments)
Reagents and sample volumes can be increased or decreased in proportion to the requirements of different biochemical analyzers.
- Calibration procedure.
The theoretical factor is 1746 when the optical diameter of the colorimetric cup is 1 cm using the factor method.
- QC control procedures.
It is recommended that each laboratory establish its own quality control system and select appropriate quality control products for quality control. Measure the MAO quality control products and test the specimens only when the test results are within the quality control range.
The sample concentration values were derived from the calibration curve.
Positive Judgment Value Or Reference Interval
It is recommended that each laboratory establish its own reference range of normal values.
Interpretation Of Test Results
Ascorbic acid ≤ 30 mg/dL, bilirubin ≤ 40 mg/dL, and hemoglobin ≤ 200 mg/dL do not interfere with this test.
Limitations Of The Test Method
The determination of MAO in human serum or plasma is only one of the indicators used by the clinician to make a diagnosis of the patient. The clinician must also make a comprehensive judgment based on the patient’s physical symptoms, medical history, and other diagnostic items and means.
Product Performance Index
Absorbance of reagent blank: wavelength 340 nm, optical diameter 1.0 cm, temperature 37°C, A0 ≥ 0.8.
Analytical Sensitivity: The kit tests 8 U/L of the analyte with absorbance change (ΔA/min) ≥ 0.02.
Linearity range: test serum samples, reagent linearity in the interval of 0-100 U/L, linear correlation coefficient|r| should not be less than 0.990; in the interval of 0-12 U/L, the absolute deviation of linearity should not exceed 1.2 U/L; in the interval of (12-100 U/L, the relative deviation of linearity should not exceed ±10%.
Precision: repeatability CV ≤ 10%; relative extreme difference between batches ≤ 10%.
Accuracy: Relative deviation ≤ 10%.
- This product is for in vitro diagnosis only.
- Avoid contamination when using the reagent, the container used must be clean, and please take necessary precautions, do not swallow, and avoid contact with skin and mucous membrane.
- Please dispose of the measured samples and waste liquids in accordance with the relevant national and local laws and regulations.
- When changing the reagent lot number, the calibration should be re-calibrated.
- Do not mix kits of different lot numbers and reagents left after use.
- Hare MLC (1928) Tyramine oxidase. i. A new enzyme system in liver. biochem J 22:968Y979
- Yu P, Boulton A (1987). “Irreversible inhibition of monoamine oxidase by some components of cigarette smoke”. Life Sci 41 (6): 675-82. PMID 3613836.